Preparing for Christmas schnapps
I love christmass, and at the carebyme studio we are very happy to start early 🙂 One of the first things we do is make the Christmas schnapps – it’s great to do it now – then it can rest for two month and become really good!
Below I have pasted Amalies recipe – my favorite – ENJOY!
Amalies Christmas schnapps:
1 bottle of vodka 40%
2 table spoons of sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
14 cardamom seeds
3 star anise
1. Sugar, cinnamon sticks and cardamom seeds is put in a jar
2. Pour over the vodka, and put the lid on the jar (it is very important that it closes completely)
3. Let it rest for 24 hours
4. After 24 hours, you need to wash a big (preferably ecological) orange, and peel of the skin in one long beautiful string.
5. Leave it for 24 hours more
6. Now you filter the schnapps through a coffe filter and pour it on a beautiful bottle .
7. To make it even more beautiful put back in the used orange peel.
Decorate the bottle as you wish – and give it as a present or save it for special guests.