Chicken made in Römertopf / stegeso
I just wanted to share this receipt on Chicken made in another way than usual.
I had the Römertopf (stegeso) for christmass, but didn’t use it until now…It is a great thing because it keeps the meat tasty and juicy. Together with all the vegetables it makes a quiet healthy dinner.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1,5-2 hours.
3 parsnip roots
2-3 organic oranges incl. shell
3 large potatoes
3 large carrots
2 spring onions
5 cloves garlic
How to do:
- Fill the Römertopf with water and let it absorb water while you take care of the vegetables.
- Prepare all the vegetables into suitable strips make garlic into thin slices.
- Empty the water and fill ½ of the vegetables in the bottom of the frying sow.
- Put the chicken on top of vegetables
- Put the rest of the vegetables on top and around the chicken
- Then turn the oven to 200 degrees (hot air) and put the Römertopf in the oven
- Add 2-3 dl of wather or lemon juice after ½ hour
- The chicken retains a very good and juicy
-keep in touch! Camilla